Saturday, October 1, 2011


I'm going to start off by saying I am definitely not an electrician. I don't know what it takes to light a room beyond adding a few lamps and plugging them into a wall. What I do know is that I like it when a lighting technician is hired to make something come to life. To show us a side of a person, place, or thing that we can't see during the day time. No place does this better than WDW.
Specifically Epcot.

You've seen fiber optics before. They're used all around you whether it be your telephone, cable television, or even the internet. They can be used for decoration too. Even fake Christmas trees have them! I bet there's one place you'd never expect them: The pavement. One way Epcot likes to surprise it's guests is with the use of fiber optic lighting laid right into the ground you walk on. This is something you'll only see at night when you're passing through Future World.

It's like a little show in itself. The lights flicker and dance. Some of them just look like a star field, and can be seen from a few angles. I'll let this video handle the rest.


Thanks to Makin' Memories Photo on Youtube for the video.

I found a pretty amazing photo capturing just how cool it really looks when you're standing right in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment